Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 1: Day 1

So last night I started the Couch to 5k program.

There are lots of different programs on the net but I just decided to go with www.fromcouchto5k.com.

The BF wants to do it too so it is so much easier having someone go with you and we did it when it was dark so I felt less self conscious.  Although we were walking along a normal busy suburban street when I nearly stepped on a baby snake!!! Yes a snake, it was dark and I didn’t get too close to see what it was but the fright got the heart rate up.  For any American readers – this is not a normal thing (well not for me anyway as I live 5km from the city).

I felt GREAT after it and had a really yummy lean cuisine dinner (we are having frozen dinners the past week and the next two weeks because we are both working long hours and have portion control issues so this is easier and healthier).  This dinner was probably the first dinner in a while where I haven’t PB’d.  I am starting to think I am definitely too tight since I usually PB with every meal :-S and my Dr once said that the tightness he likes is when you can eat a sandwich without PB but feel full afterwards... a sandwich?! I can only eat a sandwich if it is toasted, I have about 30mins spare and a toilet close by.

It’s amazing how one little happy moment can make your outlook/positivity change so much (or more like how I let it change so much... hmm).

1 comments:

Beth said...

I wanted to let you know that your blog has helped inspire me, and I have nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Details are on my blog to tell you how to help share the sunshine with others. :)

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com