Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gauranga

Hello all my 50 followers – woohoo :-D
 
So last night I went to part 1 of a “discovering meditation” course – I am in love. (and my BF came along and he enjoyed it too which is great).
 
It was such a welcoming, loving, open and relaxing atmosphere.  The teacher was great and he had a lot of great and interesting stuff to say about meditation.
 
First we worked on our breathing, then some mindfulness meditation (which was great because we were guided through it) and then my fave part of the evening – group mantra meditation.  Basically the dude pulled out his guitar and then played a beautiful melody whilst singing our mantra (gaur–ra–ang–ga) and then the group would sing the mantra back.  The first few group responses were a little out of time and off but once everyone was singing the mantra it was a pretty moving feeling.  I can only imagine what it would be like in an experienced group.
 
The second part of the course is next week and I already can’t wait.  This is something I want to start including in my everyday life and deeply believe it is going to be extremely beneficial to me mentally, spiritually and physically.
 
I would recommend anyone to try it (haha I am already sounding like some guru).  If anyone wants some info about it – here is the link - http://www.asm.org.au/locations/qld/brisbane/west-end/ The centre is the Australian School of Meditation & Yoga and they have centres in NSW, VIC, SA & QLD and 95% of the classes are free (donation only) so give it a go.
 
On the exercise front though – that hasn’t been too good.  I really hurt my knee about a week ago and it was super swollen and sore so the Dr said not to do any exercise for at least a week and until it feels completely fine and it now feels about 95% better so am hoping to start off tomorrow with some gentle exercise (and meditation hehe).
 
It is now 15 weeks until my (defacto)-sister-in-law gets married so I have set myself a goal for the wedding and have decided when my BF goes away for work (every 4 weeks for about 4/5 days usually) I am going to do a mini-detox & shakes for the time he is away just to keep the body refreshed and help move things along – so please send my positive vibes (or comments) my way.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and if anyone ever has any Q’s please ask – I sometimes don’t know what to write about and then tend to ramble and I want my blogs to not only be meaningful/inspiring/interesting to myself but for at least 1 other person as well haha

1 comments:

fitnessbandit said...

Congratulations on the meditation. I just downloaded from itunes a gread CD from Deepak Chopra. Really nice to listen to.

Let you knee rest and before you know it you'll be back into the exercise.

Bel

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com