Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happiness today is dentists & stationery!

This morning I went to the dentist - which doesn’t bother me and I know I am lucky that I don’t have dentist issues. The most I’ve had done to my teeth were getting all 4 wisdom teeth out when I was 16 which wasn’t too painful (had a bad experience with the dental practice I went too but apart from that all good).

So the lovely dentist is checking my teeth and commenting on how great they are and look like they have had orthodontic work because they are basically perfect (hahaha cmon I have to have something to brag about) and then asks me how I feel when I wake up. That reminded me to tell her how I have a sore jaw and headaches in the morning all the time the past few months and how it seems to be getting worse. Well unfortunately I am a grinder and have done some decent grinding the past few months and worn some of my teeth down, fortunately it gives me relief knowing I have a actual reason for the way I’ve been feeling lately and I have something to address this – I’m getting a splint/night mouth guard mmmmm sexy night time apparel – am I right?!

They gave me a quote for $720 (aus dollars) and even with private health cover I would have been out of pocket around $400! After some ringing around I found a nice dental place in the city (well looks nice on the net) and they gave me a quote for $466 and because they are a preferred provider with my private health fund I should only be out of pocket $94, but wait... there’s more. I mentioned where I work and since I am a social club member I get a $100 voucher to use once a year with this dental practice – WOO HOO! So really I should be out of pocket umm NOTHING! And since I was the 93rd caller for the day they are throwing in a free pair of steak knives – not really.

Also I spoke to my boss this morning about my further study and she is super excited for me and thinks it would be perfect for me and I would be great at it * big big smiles here *. Even though I would have done it without her glowing thoughts, it is really nice to have someone I admire (professionally) give me such great encouragement. So to celebrate I went and bought a really cute pencil case and some new pens and funky note pads – oh how I heart stationery.

Plus over the w.end the BF & I got into some “serious discussion” (aka fight) because we double booked ourselves for 4 things in one night – don’t ask me how because clearly we are stupid sometimes – anyway I was looking over my personal commandments and No 4 is Identify the Problem. So I was thinking about how to do this for this issue and it hit me like a ton of obvious freaking bricks – buy a calendar for us! So I bought a $3 calendar and have already filled in dates when either of us will be away, things we have already planned and some other special dates. I know how obvious this would be but I am new at the whole living with someone special and I am so excited to go home and show him our own little calendar with a pink pen for my stuff, and blue pen for his stuff and a red pen for OUR stuff – awww.
I haven’t exercised properly in forever so I am off the gym tonight and am going to weigh myself – hmm.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com